Sunday, May 4, 2014

Puerto Iguazu: Restaurant, Accommodation and Tours


Restaurant
I was only in Puerto Iguazu. The helpful host at the B&B recommended me to eat at Yuca Restaurant, she said it has good foods and is not very expensive, even locals would go there and there. I attested that statement.

Yuca Restaurant & Lounge
Address: Av. Brasil 95, Puerto Iguazu


Tour
No guided tour is needed, you can easily see Iguazu Fall yourself. There are a few options, the Argentinean side has clearly more viewpoints and it gets really close to the waterfalls. But the Brazilian side has the helicopter ride if that is what you fancy. It is also said that the Brazilian side has a better panoramic view. I did not go to the Brazilian side so I don't know if that is true. Nonetheless, I think the Argentinean side has plenty to see. And there is a island right below the waterfall you possibly can take a boat to see from more unique angle. That option really depends on the river condition though. Another thing I think you can possibly see or do in this region, the border monuments between Argentina, Paraguay and Brazil. This is where the three countries met, each has its own monument. In fact, if you have enough time, you can just do a trip across all 3 countries in a day. That may be an interesting thing to do.

Accommodation
I stayed in Residencial Iguazu Villa 14. Location wise, it may looks a little far on the map, there is a 5-10 minutes walk from the city center, but Puerto Iguazu is really small actually, once you walk the center, everything is right there. I did not mind the walk, even though it was on a quiet street, I felt pretty safe. The room was clean, not the best B&B I have ever stayed, but not the worst neither. Claudia, the host, was really friendly and helpful. She gave me about the the airport pick up, the restaurant, the national park, and she spoke really good english. Just a lovely woman running a B&B. I am glad that I stayed there.

Residencial Iguazu Villa 14
Address: Fray Luis Beltrán 462 - 3370 Puerto Iguazu
Website: http://www.iguazuvilla14.com.ar/