Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Preparation of a Travel Blog



After living in the US for 7 years, I have finally decided to go back home in Hong Kong. Instead of going direct, I am gonna take on a much longer and possibly more challenging journey, which will take 2 months and 10 days. My journey will hit Peru and Chile in South America, via Sydney, Australia, and finally will be back home in Hong Kong on Dec 8 - my mother's birthday. It has been my dream to visit all 7 continents in my lifetime. And South America has been, or will be really, the 6th continent on earth I have ever visited. I am 34 years old, near the midpoint of my life I guess. At this point, I am pretty confident that this dream stands a good chance to be accomplished. Someday... Antarctica, be ready for me! :)

The most challenging part of this South America trip is in fact the language. I don't speak any Spanish! Even though I have been learning with some language software for the past 5-6 weeks, I am NOWHERE near the stage that I can carry a conservation. So, I can foresee that it gonna be tough, but at the same time, what kids do when they are born - observe and learn! That's the talent we were given ever since a child. So, I am sure I'll be fine. :) Usually tough challenges are good challenges anyway, it sharpens you up. Haha... If I'll survive from these 2 months without too many disasters and I will have seen all the things I plan to see, I'll be a happy man.

Anyway, this is going to be a reality show, I can tell, and it's gonna be mine too. I plan on keeping this online travel journal, droping down all the happenings, feelings, sharing photos and all. You are most welcome to come along joining me on this amazing journey, well, except that you will be at home reading while I am doing all the leg works! Haha...