Friday, September 4, 2009

Packing, Packing, Packing!




I have spent most of my times packing for Hong Kong the past few days. At first, I only got 3 shipping boxes from Home Depot (the hardware store) hoping that everything would fit into them. Turned out they can't, especially the books which are extremely heavy, I had to get some smaller boxes and split them up. As you see in the picture above, the original 3 boxes have already been doubled and more. I really worry that this is going to be outragously expensive just to get my stuffs back to Hong Kong. I might as well buy a plane ticket and have a friend come to help me to take stuffs home! It's probably too late now.

Apart from the books, I have a box of CDs & DVDs, a box of shoes (which is unbelievable since I usually only wear a pair of shoes all the times) - have no idea when and where I got 4 other pairs which I intend to keep now, a box of clothing and some bags, and finally a box of computer stuffs with various other things. I thought of getting rid of some clothing, but I am really not good at that, throwing things away. I am very frugal, I have to admit!

Bought a mini laptop last month, intending to bring this with me to South America. One of the big projects to get it ready for SA is to transfer some 40GB of music files over. I have spent hours tonight doing that. My eyes are blinded now, looking at the two laptops for hours! Have to stop....!