Saturday, April 5, 2014

La Trochita - The Patagonian Express ticket


Before I have even gone to Argentina, I have already got my old fashion Patagonian Express (La Trochita) ticket in the email. About a month ago, I asked around on Tripadvisor about this train, and I bumped into a nice guy who run a B&B in the town of Esquel where the La Trochita starts the journey. Because I am going there around Easter holiday, I expect it to be crowded and the train is kind of historical and only run tourist train once or twice a day these days, I have a difficulty finding anywhere to pre-purchase the train ticket online. Apparently, I simply can't.

This very nice gentleman offered to help me buy the ticket there despite we only briefly exchanged a few message on tripadvisor, he would also reserve a cab for me too for my return journey (since I will have to catch a bus at a certain time to return to where I will be staying). At first, I felt skeptical and wondered if I can really trust him, kind of weird to send money to some stranger thousands of miles away to help me buy ticket. But it is not a lot of money, and he seemed very sincere. So, I did it.


Seeing the ticket now makes me even excited about the trip. You gotta trust somebody and give everything a try. As Dorothy said: "when you give something a try, sometimes good thing happens, sometimes bad thing happens. If you don't ever try anything, nothing will ever happen to you." I like that. I have a hard time focusing at work these days to be honest!