Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 14 - Difficult day with Spanish



Guess today is kind of a quiet day. Visit the Contemporary Art Museum in the morning, although it has a rather small collection, there are some interesting stuffs in one particular exhibition room, like some sculptures made by some animal bones. There are also a few paintings (One of Che, one of Marx, one of Einstein I think) I like their styles very much, very creative. Again, unfortunately, I cannot take pictures in the museums, so nothing to show here. Since I got the beloto turistico, and all my classes are in the afternoon for this week, so I plan to visit one museum each morning for Monday to Thursday. Tomorrow I probably will visit Arte de Popular. Will see what the hell it is. Friday morning, I will join a tour to visit some Inka ruins. That's the plan for now anyway.

In my Spanish school, apart from switching the schedule from morning to afternoon or vice verse every week, the professors are also rotated. So, I have two new professors today. Oh man, this is a very difficult day for me. I feel like there is a jump from where we were last week to what we are taught today - verbos reflexivos, verbos especiales. When I don't even know the conjugation of the verb to go yet, I feel like we are already doing something so much more advanced. Aislinn (the American girl) and I in particular are totally lost for a few parts. I don't know how they determine that I am at this level already. It just seems like this week is gonna be a very tough week to get by. I enjoyed my classmates from last week a lot, but two of them (Alan the Brit and Reggie the American) are transferred to a different class in the morning. A swiss guy (the person who I talked to on my first day) and another German girl have joined our class. They both speak so much more Spanish than I do. I totally feel like I am holding the class down. Is this supposed to be a challenge for me? Or just a misplacement of class? Amanda suggests me to try one more day, if too difficult, I should ask to change class.
Anyway, I will give it another try I guess.

After seeing how Amanda came back from Machu Picchu completely exhausted. I decide to stay an extra night in Cuzco after my own Machu Picchu trip, so I can rest up and recharge before taking a long tour bus ride (> 9 hrs) to Lake Titicaca. Now I will leave Cuzco to Puno (the port town on Lake Titicaca) on the 27th instead of 26th. On the other hand, I have written to some hostels on Easter Island to inquire prices, the only one that write back is like US$79 per night. This hostel is somewhere in the budget to mid-ranged, I guess. It takes 8-10 mins to walk to the commercial areas where the restaurants and stores are and it does have a sea view, however, I don't know, I want to find something cheaper than that really. If nothing comes, I probably will take that though. Along With meals and 2 full days' tours, this side trip to Easter Island gonna be bloody expensive as expected.

No pictures are taken today. More tomorrow.