Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day 30 : Sillustani



Today is exactly half way through my journey. I have about 3 and a half weeks more in South America, then a week in Australia before heading back to Hong Kong. I just hope I'll not lose another camera and will not be over-spending too much. That's all I wish. :) Haha.. If I will have as much fun in the 2nd half of my journey as in the 1st half. That would be even better.

I am feeling a bit off color this morning, especially after the breakfast. I feel like something stuck in my chest, going up and down, kind of like a heartburn. I want to vomit but there is really nothing to vomit, just some acids keep coming up my chest. I think it is the coffee with milk, but I don't know. My body is also feeling tired everywhere, and my hands are cold while my neck is warm. Doesn't sound great, does it? I just hope I am not getting 'sick' sick. I do have taken some medicines hoping it prevents my body from getting worst. At lunch, I have no appetite but I try to force myself to eat something, because I need the energy. Get to a local joint, the set menu is 3.5 Soles (US$1.1) including a bowl of soup, a rice dish with chicken. The chicken with rice is so dry, I have to get a bottle of coca cola to water it down. I guess I shouldn't be so cheap when I am not feeling that well. Get a Gatorade, hope it will help getting rid of the acids in my chest. It does help a little. By the late afternoon, I start to feel better.

In the afternoon, I visit Sillustani, the Inka funerary towers, with a tour group. It is located above a small hill on a peninsula in a lake. It's so beautiful: the Inka tower against the dark blue lake with a blue sky too. It's only a 3 hours tour, the travel itself takes 1.5 hours already. So we really only spend 1.5 hours at the site, which is ok, because the site isn't big, the length of time is appropriate actually. After Sillustani, we also stop by a local people home, and learn about their foods and their living. The local people are very friendly, they are waving at you when your bus pass by. I realize that they wouldn't mind you to stop by to visit, partly because they can sell you stuffs, or if not, they would get some tips for welcoming you anyway. Still I think they seem to be very genuine people, living in very simple condition. I pay 5 Soles (which is US$1.6). If it is directly to the local people, I wouldn't mind.

Meet another Chinese girl in the tour, she is from Taiwan, and she has visited all the sites I planned to visit, including Easter Islands, which I am quite surprised. Also the north Chilean desert - Atacama Desert. She says it is really beautiful there, but I am not going there anymore, what's the point?! She is heading to Lima tonight, I wish her luck after the tour. It's interesting how sometimes, you meet people on the road, just a slight collide in that very moment of your life, and you know you are not going to see this person again, so there is no exchange of contact or anything like that. Peaceful and smooth, just touch and go, like dust particles.

Dinner, I have gone to another local joint just around the corner of the hotel, still being cheap, I have ordered a dish called Pollo a la Coca Cola, which is really good actually. Costs me 11 Soles (less than US$4) including the tea. I am planning on eating a really good meal on the last day in Puno. I think that's the game plan, in each city, I will indulge myself with one very good meal, and the others I will try to be conservative with the money.

Tomorrow and the next day I gonna be in the islands, where have no electricity, so I guess I will leave my laptop here in the hotel with my backpack.

Photos here: Day 30