Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 16 - Museo Inka



Another quiet day. Visit the Inka museum in the morning. I have to say although it's not the best museums I have ever seen in the world, but in Peru thus far, it is by far the best one, with a more extensive collection. Its organization is also up to the standard an official museum should have. It costs me 10 Soles (US$3.3) to get in there. It is cheap, I guess. However, I can only take some pictures in the garden and the corridors.

After the museum, I spend a few hours to email to the hostels and tour agents for my upcoming destinations. I forget if I mentioned that I get a response from an hostel in Easter Island, this one is relatively cheaper, only US$40 or Chilean Pesos 25,000 a night. At first, I didn't pay much attention, until they requested me to pay in Chilean Pesos when I will arrive. So, I start to google the exchange rate this morning, it says US$1 = 552 Pesos. In lonely guide, it is roughly 1:500. Anyhow, if I pay 25,000 pesos for a night, it would actually be equivalent to US$45 or more. I thought that's sneaky. You quote me two prices and want me to pay the more expensive one. So, I send them back an email to inquire what exchange rate they are using. In fact, I would take it too if the room costs US$45, but I rather give business to honest people. So, will see how they reply me.

On the other hand, I use my student trump card again and get some discount for hotel in my destination - Puno - by the Lake Titicaca. In my email, I just added a question, whether they have a student discount for staying 3 nights or more. And what do I know? They do have it. Great then, I get my discount, they get my business. What a fair deal! For the rest of my time in Peru, I pretty much arrange all the hotels and the tours. Chile...? I have not gone that far yet, except I am trying to get the Easter Island arranged ahead. I still get time I guess. So, I am not too worried.

I feel particularly tired today for some reasons. Not like I didn't sleep well. Anyway, I have a hard time focusing in class today. I could barely follow what the teachers said or asked us to do in class. I keep asking the girl next to me, what are we supposed to do? It is like a rollercoaster, Monday was a bad day with Spanish, yesterday was good, today is bad. Would tomorrow be good again?

Yawning... Yawning... Hasta maƱana.

Photos here: Day 16