Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 53 : Lost in Space



Because our flight cross the dateline, the day 53 of my trip has instantly vaporized. One thing I am sure, I am in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, trying to get some sleeps on the long flight. I have a bad dream actually, I dream that I get back to Hong Kong and sitting on a bus back to Aberdeen (where my parents live), when the bus passes by the harbor side where I can oversee at Ap Lei Chau (the small island across from Aberdeen, where I grow up), there is a building on fire and start to collapse, kind of like the repeating of 911, except that it happens in Hong Kong. I witness the whole thing and am stunned by the sight. When I get home, I learn that my parents are in Ap Lei Chau at the time, and I start to worry if they are ok. And I get awaken right there. I have no idea why I make such a dream, probably have something to do with that odd and twisted position I am stuck in that chair for hours as I have tried to sleep. Over all, I think I might have slept 4 hours, on and off. My lower back is killing me.

Haven't read any newspaper that I understand for so long, when I get on the flight, I pick up a New Zealand Herald at the entrance, gosh, and I read the whole thing, like I couldn't get enough of it. Have to say, I haven't felt such intellectual for quite a long time. The Kiwi sitting next to me has traveled in South America for 5 months, he also says he has not read an English paper for so long and asks me if he can read the paper too. Sure. He is heading to Melbourne. :) Anyway, although there are some turbulent here or there, the flight is smooth enough I guess.